Plan Your Trip to Lava Hot Springs, ID
Lava Hot Springs is a great place for a quick trip because it’s far enough away from Salt Lake City to feel new, but also close enough that travel time doesn't eat too much of your vacation. This year, we had plans to join three other families – my three best friends from college and their husbands and kids! – but we got sick and missed it! When I asked all of you what you like to do in Lava, you said it’s amazing in the summer, so hopefully I can talk my besties into going again.
THINGS TO DO IN LAVA HOT SPRINGS
- Relax in the Hot Pools
- Waterslides and Diving at the Waterpark
- Wander the Sunken Gardens
- Raft/tube/float the Portneuf River there are several tube rental places HERE.
- Popsicles at the pool
- Get a massage
- Baker Ranch Wagon Rides
- Museums in Pocatello
- Lava Zipline Adventure & Ropes Course
- Go Karts (this is muddy!)
- Mountain Biking
- Ghost Hunting
- Stay in a Haunted Hotel
- Shop Main Street
- Pepperidge Farm Thrift Store nearby in Richmond, UT
- Dempsey Creek Trading Co
- Have sex
- Leave / go somewhere actually fun / keep driving / don’t go
(Haha I had to include those last ones!)
DINING IN LAVA HOT SPRINGS
- The Rooftop Bar
- 78 Main Street Eatery
- Royal Pizza
- Blue Moon Bar & Grill
- Wagon Wheel Lounge
- Sweet Stuff Ice Cream & Candy famous for their square ice cream scoops
- Mike’s Market they have the best cookies
- Chuckwagon Restaurant
- Taqueria Pelayo
- Greystone Manner
- Portneuf Grille & Lounge
- Cafe & Amore
- Riverwalk Thai
- Lava Hotel Waffle Shop
LODGING IN LAVA HOT SPRINGS
The last time I went to Lava, I stayed in an Airbnb with a magnificent, humongous tiled shower. It even featured a huge tiled portrait of President Ronal Reagan's face, so I got to shower with him watching over me.
There's a great list of lodging options on Lava Hot Spring's website HERE.
Did we include your favorite activity in Lava Hot Springs? Leave us a comment if you’ve been!