Easy Homemade Ice Cream
I don’t know why I don’t make homemade ice cream more often. It’s so freaking easy!!! I guess it’s that it takes time and you have to think about it a day in advance in order for it to set correctly. I recently pulled this ice cream recipe from the Food Network blog, and it makes a great base, but I made a few tweaks of my own.
I never make plain vanilla ice cream. There are too many amazing mix-ins, so I definitely added some ingredients. I also didn't see the point in dirtying 2 bowls, so I just used one. I added extra sweetened condensed milk because why not? Then I chilled the ice cream in my favorite LUSTON food containers. I use these for literally everything.
[[ recipeID=recipe-8ld4okckt, title=No-Churn Ice Cream ]]
Here’s a list of other ice cream flavors I’ve made in the past that are incredible:
- Chocolate fudge ice cream with candied almonds
- Caramel ice cream with gingerbread cookie pieces - I served this over poached pears for Christmas one year and it was divine.
- Vanilla with Oreo cookies pieces and Thrive Life freeze dried vanilla bites. It was insanely good.
- Vanilla or chocolate ice cream with mini Reese's peanut butter cups.
- Vanilla with mini Rolo candies and caramel swirls.
- Any fruit flavors are so good.
- And one that is always amazing is a mix of chocolate chip cookie dough and cookie pieces. Just bake a few cookies and crumble them in, then make little cookie dough balls and throw them in too. So so good!
The possibilities are endless! Let me know what you try.